Add Glam with Mirrors
Add Glam with Mirrors
Create Drama, Style, and Space!
Are you hosting a holiday party and need to dress up your décor? Do you want to add some drama to a non-descript space or room? That’s easy – add a mirror custom framed with a touch of glamour!
Mirrors & Space
A floor to (almost) ceiling mirror can make a room look taller. If you place a mirror at the end of a hall, the hall will appear longer. Placed in an entry, the mirror can visually double the space. Mirrors creating space work especially well in small rooms such as dressing rooms and bathrooms.
Mirrors & Size
One of the biggest mistakes when creating a mirror is going too small! A mirror needs to be large enough to…
Reflect your face (and perhaps outfit)
Reflect a scene or a view
Bring in light
Make a statement
Small mirrors work when you are framing several smaller mirrors together to hang as a grouping – more of a decorative look. If we are building this mirror for you, it will be the exact size you need it to be.
Is this new mirror going above the mantel? It needs to be the same width as the mantel or just a few inches smaller on each side. Cover at least two-thirds of the space. To make a ceiling feel higher, be generous with the height of the mirror.
Mirrors & Light
Looking for a natural way to add light to your room? A mirror can do that! Place the mirror where the light naturally falls in a particular room to increase illumination. Another trick is placing the mirror adjacent to a window (opposed to opposite it). Voila! More light! What about rooms that have few or no windows, like a dressing room or an entry? Place a lamp or sconce adjacent to or in front of the mirror to double its lighting effect. For a glamour, hang a chandelier, but keep the wattage down for mood lighting. Remember, the larger the mirror, the more light you see!
Holiday Hours &
The holidays are already here, and we don’t want your project to be late! Here are our holiday hours so that you can give your gift on
M-F 9:00am – 5:30pm
Saturdays 10am – 4pm
We highly recommend you come in as soon as possible to get your custom framing done this year!
We are seeing a lot more delays in getting materials as well as back-orders.
Please give us as much advance time so we can get those
done in awesome fashion!
Mirrors & Frames
When choosing a frame for a glamourous look, the tendency is to go toward silver or metallic frames, similar to the ‘Hollywood Glam’ style. In this example, three frames were used to create complexity and the beveled edge adds to the drama.
Silver has long been the choice for a glamour look, but don’t rule out darker coloring. This mirror was framed using a deep brown frame with rich gold edging. Nothing says ‘Look at me’ more than gold!
A dressing room or bathroom is the perfect place to add glam and to show off the beautiful you! This mirror was framed with a pink-hued gold to blend with the other pink tones in the décor. When you walk in this bathroom, all you see is what’s in the mirror, beautifully framed.
Mirrors & Hanging
- A mirror needs to be hung so that it gives the best reflection. Is it in a hallway or entry? Hang it at eye-height so that you can check yourself as you pass it.
- In a living space, it is dependent on where it will be hung. If it is above a fireplace mantle, generally, not more than 12” above the mantel. If it is going behind a sofa, don’t hang so high that there is a disconnect between the two. Create a group feel.
- Lastly, think about what it will be reflecting. If it is opposite a blank wall, hang a piece of art so that the mirror reflects that. If it is the beautiful mountain view outside, hang the mirror at a height that shows the whole view. Depending on what a mirror reflects, it can become a work of art in itself.
- Looking for glamour with a kick? Frame several small mirrors in different frames and hang as a group.
How to Create a Glamourous Mirror
- Determine which room(s) need a mirror.
- Do you need more light? More space? More glamour?
- Take a picture of the space; Measure the space.
- Take additional pictures of the room décor.
- Come to us – we’ll help you design the perfect mirror, with the exact measurements.
- We’ll even install it for you!
Small Business Saturday
Small businesses are at the core of every successful neighborhood, and because of these unprecedented times, now more than ever local businesses need your support.
Delivery & Installation
Mirrors are big and heavy. They can be tricky to hang properly to support the weight. We would love to hang your new mirror for you.
Ask us for more details.
Free Newsletter Offer:
Want to receive our blog content as soon as we release it? Fill in this Form for to receive it in our free monthly newsletter!