What is a specialty mat cut? Most mat openings are cut in a typical rectangle shape. Specialty mat cuts are unusual shapes or designs cut into the mat instead of the usual right angles. A carefully chosen specialty mat cut can creatively enhance the art. There are so many shapes from which to choose, how do you know which one is the right one? As with most framing designs, there is no one right answer. We took the same art and added different mat cuts. Which one do you like best?
Persian It has a soft formal look.
Grecian Notch It has a geometric formal look.
Nouveau It has a bold, timeless look.
Octangle It has a feminine, vintage look.
Angle Array It mimics the frills in the dress.
Camelback Flair Its flowing lines match the dress.
There are no bad options!
It just depends on what you are trying to emphasize.
A SPECIALTY CUT CAN….
…hide unwanted items in the image. …add softness and warmth to an image.
… reflect a period of time. …mimic the feel of the image.
CUSTOM SPECIALTY CUTS
Yes! We can create Custom mat cuts for you based on your framing design needs.
This customer wanted an extra touch to show the Sister’s devotion. A mat cut was designed to resemble a cross.
This custom cut was designed to emphasize and flow with the flames on the jacket.
What kind of specialty cut would add a creative spark to your art? We can do it!
As you can see, a lot of specialty mat cuts require two mats, but you can play with the color for different effects. Use two layers of the same color for a subtle look. Or, make one layer much brighter than the other to highlight something in the art. There is no limit to how many mats can be used!
We know how hard it can be to make a decision from just a corner sample. We can do a design of the matting & show it to you before we cut it!
We Print Art
No matter what size you need, we can print it for you. Just bring or email your digital file to us, and we will print your image in any size on paper, canvas, or – the best high gloss acrylic aluminum.
Free Newsletter Offer:
Want to receive our blog content as soon as we release it? Fill in this Form for to receive it in our free monthly newsletter!
What you should know about your hockey and sport memorabilia prior to getting it framed!
If your hockey jersey or other sport memorabilia is not framed properly – THEY COULD BECOME DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR! However, framed properly with great design, they can increase in value, and your investment doubles as you get to re-live the excitement of the sport each and every day – even in the off-season!
BEFORE YOU BRING YOUR JERSEY & COLLECTIBLES IN to a frame shop, there are a few things you should know, and a few pieces of advice may prevent you from damaging your items. At the very least, these hints will help you in the future.
WHAT IS IT WORTH?
1. We get asked all the time! While there are appraisals out there, because most signed memorabilia is not a commodity, their monetary value is entirely based on finding the right person and establishing how much they would be willing to spend. However, the true value would ultimately be how much excitement it brings to you while it is on YOUR WALL!
Want more info on what it is worth? – see bottom of article & we will send you free information with more details!
TAKING CARE of YOUR JERSEY:
1. No matter how long you have had possession, now is the time to make sure they are packaged & stored well, even if you are transporting them soon.
2. Store your jersey in a sealed plastic container – preferably a black uv protected garment bag.
3. Don’t ever bunch it up in a ball (common guys!) – if you have to get it small, carefully fold it evenly all around. If it is folded for long – you may never get the wrinkles out! It is best to frame it as soon as possible.
4. Keep it as clean as possible – don’t handle with dirty or greasy hands.
5. Don’t wear the jersey – it WILL get stained! Seen it way too many times.
Jerseys come in all conditions, even if they are brand new. The logos & numbers are laid out by hand, and are never exactly straight or centered. We do our best to point these things out in the consultation process but they usually are not visible until during mounting
Want more info on jersey condition? – see bottom of article & we will send you free information with more details!
If you have stains on your (non-game worn) signed jersey we highly recommend spot cleaning the stain only. We don’t recommend washing the entire jersey.
Jerseys look best with other related memorabilia in the same frame. If you don’t have the right additions or would like some ideas, we can help you as we have access to many reputable authentic sport memorabilia dealers.
1. The experienced staff at The Framing Nook will assist you with making all the right choices in framing your memorabilia to both protect and display it nicely.
2. We use only quality materials that protect your jersey from discoloring, fading or worse. We pin your jersey so it is entirely reversible – no glue or cardboard any where near it!
Want more info on framing ideas? – see bottom of article & we will send you free information with more details!
Want some more detailed information? Fill out the form below and we will send you a lot more information on taking care and framing your jersey and other sport memorabilia – free of charge!