A DIFFERENT WAY!
“We mostly see what we have learned to expect to see.” – Betty Edwards
It’s always fun to see something in a different way – especially when you are framing a piece of art. Maybe the final design you decide upon wasn’t what you thought it would be. We love showing you the possibilities of how color, frames, and matting can change the look and feel of what you frame. There isn’t just one way to frame a treasure! Here are different ways to frame the same art.
BABY PORTRAIT: This darling cuddly baby deserves to be surrounded by a
frame that is warm and soft. The frames all share a delicate element, tying in
with the nature of the portrait. There is no need for matting because the blanket
in the portrait serves that visual purpose.
ABSTRACT LANDSCAPE: Abstract art naturally lends itself to a world of
possibilities. This focal point is obvious, but do you go with the neutral mat? Or
a mat the color of sunshine? Or the color of the mountains? How fun do you
want it to be?
RUSTIC HOME: Here’s a throwback look of a rugged house in the woods.
Because it has a subtle, serene feel, we didn’t get too crazy with the design. We
varied the mat colors just a bit. Which one works for you?
MOTHER AND DAUGHTER: Mother and daughter, is there anything more
special? A classic black mat was used to contrast with the lightness of the
portrait. So, the next question is what kind of frame? A striking bold silver, a
feminine antique, or a gentle silver with soft curves mimicking the waves in
WEDDING PORTRAIT: The wedding portrait is timeless, but what style is best for you?
1. A soft black frame for a strong feel but doesn’t compete with the groom’s suit.
2. A traditional gold frame with soft curves for an elegant look.
3. A silver frame to soften the feel, yet still quite elegant.
4. A classic wood frame with black accents to tie it all together.
5. Or a pure white frame encircling the bride’s dress.
Do you know how many mat choices you have?
We have 1,644 to pick from!
• Fabric mats – linen, silk, burlap. These mats give your artwork different looks, from elegant to vintage to casual.
• Mats made to look suede for a rich, soft look. PS – they’re not really suede!
• Mats with different color cores (the beveled white line you see at the edge of a mat) offer a more personalized touch to the art. Cream for an antique look, black for a defining line, and colors for fun.
• ‘Rag’ mats when you want the very best. They are the best because they are made from 100% cotton. They have no properties that can harm the art.
• There are ‘Leather’ mats for a masculine or wild west look.
• Even sports mats that looks like pigskin or a golf ball – even TURF!!!
This lovely painting depicts ripe pomegranates harvested from the landscape in the background. Do you choose the lively silver frame with wood accents and curves that work with the pomegranates, or the gold/silver coloring to coordinate with your décor? Or a darker coloring for contrast? The choice is yours.
DIFFERENT can be AWESOME!!!!
You don’t want your framed art to look like everybody else’s. Come in today and let us show you the possibilities for your art.
Free Newsletter Offer:
Want to receive our blog content as soon as we release it? Fill in this Form for to receive it in our free monthly newsletter!