What you should know about your hockey and sport memorabilia prior to getting it framed!
If your hockey jersey or other sport memorabilia is not framed properly – THEY COULD BECOME DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR! However, framed properly with great design, they can increase in value, and your investment doubles as you get to re-live the excitement of the sport each and every day – even in the off-season!
BEFORE YOU BRING YOUR JERSEY & COLLECTIBLES IN to a frame shop, there are a few things you should know, and a few pieces of advice may prevent you from damaging your items. At the very least, these hints will help you in the future.
WHAT IS IT WORTH?
1. We get asked all the time! While there are appraisals out there, because most signed memorabilia is not a commodity, their monetary value is entirely based on finding the right person and establishing how much they would be willing to spend. However, the true value would ultimately be how much excitement it brings to you while it is on YOUR WALL!
Want more info on what it is worth? – see bottom of article & we will send you free information with more details!
TAKING CARE of YOUR JERSEY:
1. No matter how long you have had possession, now is the time to make sure they are packaged & stored well, even if you are transporting them soon.
2. Store your jersey in a sealed plastic container – preferably a black uv protected garment bag.
3. Don’t ever bunch it up in a ball (common guys!) – if you have to get it small, carefully fold it evenly all around. If it is folded for long – you may never get the wrinkles out! It is best to frame it as soon as possible.
4. Keep it as clean as possible – don’t handle with dirty or greasy hands.
5. Don’t wear the jersey – it WILL get stained! Seen it way too many times.
Jerseys come in all conditions, even if they are brand new. The logos & numbers are laid out by hand, and are never exactly straight or centered. We do our best to point these things out in the consultation process but they usually are not visible until during mounting
Want more info on jersey condition? – see bottom of article & we will send you free information with more details!
If you have stains on your (non-game worn) signed jersey we highly recommend spot cleaning the stain only. We don’t recommend washing the entire jersey.
Jerseys look best with other related memorabilia in the same frame. If you don’t have the right additions or would like some ideas, we can help you as we have access to many reputable authentic sport memorabilia dealers.
1. The experienced staff at The Framing Nook will assist you with making all the right choices in framing your memorabilia to both protect and display it nicely.
2. We use only quality materials that protect your jersey from discoloring, fading or worse. We pin your jersey so it is entirely reversible – no glue or cardboard any where near it!
Want more info on framing ideas? – see bottom of article & we will send you free information with more details!
Want some more detailed information? Fill out the form below and we will send you a lot more information on taking care and framing your jersey and other sport memorabilia – free of charge!